6.Can a main() method of class be invoked in another class?
7.What is the difference between java command line arguments and C command line arguments?
2. What is the difference between == & .equals
3. What is the difference between abstract class & Interface.
4. What is singleton class & it's implementation.
5. Use of static,final variable
6. Examples of final class
7. Difference between Event propagation & Event delegation
8. Difference between Unicast & Multicast model
9. What is a java bean
10. What is synchronized keyword used for.
12. What are the restrictions of an applet & how to make the applet access the local
14. What is reflect package used for & the methods of it.
16. What is serialization used for
1.Can methods be overloaded based on the return types ?
2.Why do we need a finalze() method when Garbage Collection is there ?
52. Difference between AWT and Swing compenents ?
53. Is there any heavy weight component in Swings ?
54. Can the Swing application if you upload in net, be compatible
with your browser?
55. What should you do get your browser compatible with swing
57. What are the methods in Applet ?
58. When is init(),start() called ?
59. When you navigate from one applet to another what are the
60. What is the difference between Trusted and Untrusted Applet
61. What is Exception ?
62. What are the ways you can handle exception ?
63. When is try,catch block used ?
64. What is finally method in Exceptions ?
65. What are the types of access modifiers ?
66. What is protected and friendly ?
67. What are the other modifiers ?
68. Is synchronised modifier ?
69. What is meant by polymorphism ?
70. What is inheritance ?
71. What is method Overloading ? What is this in OOPS ?
72. What is method Overriding ? What is it in OOPS ?
73. Does java support multi dimensional arrays ?
74. Is multiple inheritance used in Java ?
80. Is there any tool in java that can create reports ?
81. What is meant by Java ?
82. What is meant by a class ?
83. What is meant by a method ?
84. What are the OOPS concepts in Java ?
85. What is meant by encapsulation ? Explain with an example
86. What is meant by inheritance ? Explain with an example
87. What is meant by polymorphism ? Explain with an example
88. Is multiple inheritance allowed in Java ? Why ?
89. What is meant by Java interpreter ?
90. What is meant by JVM ?
91. What is a compilation unit ?
92. What is meant by identifiers ?
93. What are the different types of modifiers ?
94. What are the access modifiers in Java ?
95. What are the primitive data types in Java ?
96. What is meant by a wrapper class ?
97. What is meant by static variable and static method ?
98. What is meant by Garbage collection ?
99. What is meant by abstract class
100. What is meant by final class, methods and variables ?
101. What is meant by interface ?
102. What is meant by a resource leak ?
103. What is the difference between interface and abstract class
104. What is the difference between public private, protected
106. What is meant by method overloading ?
107. What is meant by method overriding ?
108. What is singleton class ?
109. What is the difference between an array and a vector ?
110. What is meant by constructor ?
111. What is meant by casting ?
112. What is the difference between final, finally and finalize
113. What is meant by packages ?
114. What are all the packages ?
115. Name 2 calsses you have used ?
116. Name 2 classes that can store arbitrary number of objects ?
117. What is the difference between java.applet.* and
118. What is a default package ?
119. What is meant by a super class and how can you call a super
120. What is anonymous class ?
121. Name interfaces without a method ?
122. What is the use of an interface ?
123. What is a serializable interface ?
124. How to prevent field from serialization ?
125. What is meant by exception ?
126. How can you avoid the runtime exception ?
127. What is the difference between throw and throws ?
128. What is the use of finally ?
129. Can multiple catch statements be used in exceptions ?
130. Is it possible to write a try within a try statement ?
131. What is the method to find if the object exited or not ?
132. What is meant by a Thread ?
133. What is meant by multi-threading ?
134. What is the 2 way of creating a thread ? Which is the best
way and why?
135. What is the method to find if a thread is active or not ?
136. What are the thread-to-thread communcation ?
137. What is the difference between sleep and suspend ?
138. Can thread become a member of another thread ?
139. What is meant by deadlock ?
140. How can you avoid a deadlock ?
141. What are the three typs of priority ?
142. What is the use of synchronizations ?
143. Garbage collector thread belongs to which priority ?
144. What is meant by time-slicing ?
145. What is the use of 'this' ?
146. How can you find the length and capacity of a string buffer
147. How to compare two strings ?
148. What are the interfaces defined by Java.lang ?
149. What is the purpose of run-time class and system class
150. What is meant by Stream and Types ?
151. What is the method used to clear the buffer ?
152. What is meant by Stream Tokenizer ?
153. What is serialization and de-serialisation ?
154. What is meant by Applet ?
155. How to find the host from which the Applet has originated ?
156. What is the life cycle of an Applet ?
157. How do you load an HTML page from an Applet ?
158. What is meant by Applet Stub Interface ?
159. What is meant by getCodeBase and getDocumentBase method ?
160. How can you call an applet from a HTML file
161. What is meant by Applet Flickering ?
162. What is the use of parameter tag ?
163. What is audio clip Interface and what are all the methods in
164. What is the difference between getAppletInfo and
165. How to communicate between applet and an applet ?
166. What is meant by event handling ?
167. What are all the listeners in java and explain ?
168. What is meant by an adapter class ?
169. What are the types of mouse event listeners ?
170. What are the types of methods in mouse listeners ?
171. What is the difference between panel and frame ?
172. What is the default layout of the panel and frame ?
173. What is meant by controls and types ?
174. What is the difference between a scroll bar and a scroll
175. What is the difference between list and choice ?
176. How to place a component on Windows ?
177. What are the different types of Layouts ?
178. What is meant by CardLayout ?
179. What is the difference between GridLayout and GridBagLayout
180. What is the difference between menuitem and checkboxmenu
181. What is meant by vector class, dictionary class , hash table
class,and property class ?
182. Which class has no duplicate elements ?
183. What is resource bundle ?
184. What is an enumeration class ?
185. What is meant by Swing ?
186. What is the difference between AWT and Swing ?
187. What is the difference between an applet and a Japplet
188. What are all the components used in Swing ?
189. What is meant by tab pans ?
190. What is the use of JTree ?
191. How can you add and remove nodes in Jtree.
192. What is the method to expand and collapse nodes in a Jtree
193. What is the use of JTable ?
194. What is meant by JFC ?
195. What is the class in Swing to change the appearance of the
Frame in Runtime.
196. How to reduce flicking in animation ?
263. What is meant by Javabeans ?
264. What is JAR file ?
265. What is meant by manifest files ?
266. What is Introspection ?
267. What are the steps involved to create a bean ?
268. Say any two properties in Beans ?
269. What is persistence ?
270. What is the use of beaninfo ?
271. What are the interfaces you used in Beans ?
272. What are the classes you used in Beans ?
273. What is the diffrence between an Abstract class and Interface
274. What is user defined exception ?
275. What do you know about the garbate collector ?
276. What is the difference between C++ & Java ?
278. How do you communicate in between Applets & Servlets ?
279. What is the use of Servlets ?
281. In an HTML form I have a Button which makes us to open
282. page in 15 seconds. How will do you that ?
283. What is the difference between Process and Threads ?
286. How will you initialize an Applet ?
287. What is the order of method invocation in an Applet ?
288. When is update method called ?
291. How will you communicate between two Applets ?
290. Have you ever used HashTable and Dictionary ?
292. What are statements in JAVA ?
293. What is JAR file ?
294. What is JNI ?
295. What is the base class for all swing components ?
296. What is JFC ?
297. What is Difference between AWT and Swing ?
298. Considering notepad/IE or any other thing as process, What
299. Happen if you start notepad or IE 3 times? Where 3 processes
are started or 3 threads are started ?
300. How does thread synchronization occurs inside a monitor ?
301. How will you call an Applet using a Java Script function ?
302. Is there any tag in HTML to upload and download files ?
303. Why do you Canvas ?
304. How can you push data from an Applet to Servlet ?
322. What are the benefits of Swing over AWT ?
323. Where the CardLayout is used ?
324. What is the Layout for ToolBar ?
325. What is the difference between Grid and GridbagLayout ?
326. How will you add panel to a Frame ?
327. What is the corresponding Layout for Card in Swing ?
328. What is light weight component ?
332. What is bean ? Where it can be used ?
333. What is difference in between Java Class and Bean ?
341. What is the mapping mechanism used by Java to identify IDL
342. Diff between Application and Applet ?
343. What is serializable Interface ?
344. What is the difference between CGI and Servlet ?
345. What is the use of Interface ?
346. Why Java is not fully objective oriented ?
347. Why does not support multiple Inheritance ?
348. What it the root class for all Java classes ?
349. What is polymorphism ?
350. Suppose If we have variable ' I ' in run method, If I can
create one or
351. More thread each thread will occupy a separate copy or same
variable will be shared ?
360. What is Constructor and Virtual function? Can we call
361. Funciton in a constructor ?
362. Why we use OOPS concepts? What is its advantage ?
372. What is the difference in between C++ and Java ? can u
368. What is the exact difference in between Unicast and
369. object ? Where we will use ?
390. How do you sing an Applet ?
391. In a Container there are 5 components. I want to display the
392. The components names, how will you do that one ?
393. Why there are some null interface in java ? What does it mean
394. Give me some null interfaces in JAVA ?
395. Tell me the latest versions in JAVA related areas ?
396. What is meant by class loader ? How many types are there?
397. will we use them ?
399. What is meant by flickering ?
410. What is meant by cookies ? Explain ?
411. Problem faced in your earlier project
412. How OOPS concept is achieved in Java
413. Features for using Java
414. How does Java 2.0 differ from Java 1.0
415. Public static void main - Explain
416. What are command line arguments
417. Explain about the three-tier model
418. Difference between String & StringBuffer
419. Wrapper class. Is String a Wrapper Class
420. What are the restriction for static method
421. Purpose of the file class
422. Default modifier in Interface
423. Difference between Interface & Abstract class
424. Can abstract be declared as Final
425. Can we declare variables inside a method as Final Variables
426. What is the package concept and use of package
427. How can a dead thread be started
428. Difference between Applet & Application
429. Life cycle of the Applet
430. Can Applet have constructors
431. Differeence between canvas class & graphics class
432. Explain about Superclass & subclass
434. What is AppletStub
435. Explain Stream Tokenizer
436. What is the difference between two types of threads
437. Checked & Unchecked exception
438. Use of throws exception
439. What is finally in exception handling
440. Vector class
441. What will happen to the Exception object after exception
442. Two types of multi-tasking
443. Two ways to create the thread
445. I/O Filter
447. Can applet in different page communicate with each other
364. Why Java is not 100 % pure OOPS ? ( EcomServer )
365. When we will use an Interface and Abstract class ?
336. How to communicate 2 threads each other ?
1.What are all the diagrams available in UML and what is the purpose of each diagram ?
1. What is Entity Bean and Session Bean ?
2. What are the methods of Entity Bean?
3. How does Stateful Session bean store its state ?
4. Why does Stateless Session bean not store its state even
5. it has ejbActivate and ejbPassivate ?
6. What are the services provided by the container ?
7. Types of transaction ?
8. What is bean managed transaction ?
9. Why does EJB needs two interface( Home and Remote Interface)
10. What are transaction attributes ?
11. What is the difference between Container managed persistent
bean and Bean managed persistent entity bean ?
12. What is J2EE ?
13. What is JTS ?
14. How many entity beans used and how many tables can u use in
16. What is scalable,portability in J2EE?
17. What is Connection pooling?Is it advantageous?
18. Method and class used for Connection pooling ?
19. How to deploy in J2EE(i.e Jar,War file) ?
20. How is entity bean created using Container managed entity bean
21. Sotware architechture of EJB ?
22. In Entity bean will the create method in EJB home and
23. In Entity bean have the same parameters ?
19. Functions in Oracle/SQL Server.
42. What are the types of JDBC drivers ?
43. Explain the third driver(Native protocol driver) ?
44. Which among the four driver is pure Java driver ?
45. What are the Isolation level in JDBC transaction ?
46. How do you connect with the database ?
47. How do you connect without the Class.forName (" ") ?
48. What does Class.forName return ?
49. What are the types of statement ?
50. Why is preparedStatement,CallableStatement used for?
51. In real time project which driver did u use ?
197. What is JDBC ?
198. How do you connect to the database ? What are the steps ?
199. What are the drivers available in JDBC ? Explain
200. How can you load the driver ?
201. What are the different types of statement s ?
202. How can you created JDBC statements ?
203. How will you perform transactions using JDBC ?
204. What are the two drivers for web apllication?
205. What are the different types of 2 tier and 3 tier
206. How can you retrieve warning in JDBC ?
207. What is the exception thrown by JDBC ?
208. What is meants by PreparedStatement ?
209. What is difference between PreparedStatement and Statement
210. How can you call the stored procedures ?
211. What is meant by a ResultSet ?
212. What is the difference between ExecuteUpdate and ExecuteQuery
213. How do you know which driver is connected to a database ?
214. What is DSN and System DSN and differentiate these two ?
280. What is JDBC? How do you connect to the Database ?
305. What are 4 drivers available in JDBC ?
306. How you can know about drivers and database information ?
307. If you are truncated using JDBC, How can you know ..that how
308. Data is truncated ?
309. And What situation , each of the 4 drivers used ?
310. How will you perform transaction using JDBC ?
376. What is the main functionality of the Prepared Statement ?
377. What is meant by static query and dynamic query ?
378. What are the Normalization Rules ? Define the Normalization
446. How can you retrieve warnings in JDBC
448. Four driver Manager
449. Features of JDBC 20
450. Explain about stored procedures
403. What is the latest version of JDBC ? What are the new
404. Are added in that ?
XML & XSLT
2.Benefits of XML.
15. Use of xslt
77. Why is XML used mainly?
78. Do use coding for database connectivity in XML?
79. What is DTD ?
5.How do u deal property files in servlet?
24. What methods do u use in Servlet - Applet communication ?
25. What are the types of Servlet ?
26. Difference between HttpServlet and Generic Servlets ?
27. Difference between doGet and doPost ?
28. What are the methods in HttpServlet?
29. What are the types of SessionTracking?
30. What is Cookie ? Why is Cookie used ?
31. If my browser does not support Cookie,and my server sends a
cookie instance What will happen ?
32. Why do u use Session Tracking in HttpServlet ?
34. What is the capacity the doGet can send to the server ?
35. What are the type of protocols used in HttpServlet ?
224. What is meant by a servlet ?
225. What are the types of servlets ? Explain
226. What is the different between a Servlet and a CGI.
227. What is the difference between 2 types of Servlets ?
228. What is the type of method for sending request from HTTP
229. What are the exceptions thrown by Servlets ? Why ?
230. What is the life cycle of a servlet ?
231. What is meant by cookies ?
232. What is HTTP Session ?
233. What is the difference between GET and POST methods ?
234. How can you run a Servlet Program ?
235. How to commuincate between an applet and a servlet ?
236. What is a Servlet-to-Servlet communcation ?
237. What is Session Tracking ?
238. What are the security issues in Servlets ?
239. What is HTTP Tunneling
240. How do you load an image in a Servlet ?
241. What is Servlet Chaining ?
242. What is URL Rewriting ?
243. What is context switching ?
289. How will you pass values from HTML page to the Servlet ?
331. What is Servlet API used for conneting database ?
352. In servlets, we are having a web page that is invoking
353. Username and password ? which is cheks in the database ?
Suppose the second page also If we want to verify the same
information whethe it will connect to the database or it will be
used previous information?
354. What are virtual functions ?
355. Write down how will you create a binary Tree ?
356. What are the traverses in Binary Tree ?
357. Write a program for recursive Traverse ?
358. What are session variable in Servlets ?
359. What is client server computing ?
379. What is meant by Servelet? What are the parameters of the
380. Method ?
381. What is meant by Session ? Tell me something about
382. Class ?
383. How do you invoke a Servelt? What is the difference in
384. DoPost and doGet methods ?
385. What is the difference in between the HTTPServlet and
387. Expalin their methods ? Tell me their parameter names also
388. Have you used threads in Servelet ?
398. How do you load an Image in a Servlet ?
451. Servlet Life cycle
452. Why do you go for servlet rather than CGI
4.Can the init method of servlet be overloaded in jsp?
12.About jsp tags.
3.Advantages of appln servers.
330. What is the webserver used for running the Servlets ?
406. What is the role of the webserver ?
11. What is the difference between TCP/IP & UDP.
36. Difference between TCP/IP and IP protocol ?
215. What is meant by TCP, IP, UDP ?
216. What is the difference between TCP and UDP ?
217. What is a proxy server ?
218. What is meant by URL
219. What is a socket and server sockets ?
221. What is InetAddress ?
222. What is datagram and datagram packets and datagram sockets
223. Write the range of multicast socket IP address ?
433. Difference between TCP & UDP
37. Why do you use UniCastRemoteObject in RMI ?
38. How many interfaces are used in RMI?
39. Can Rmi registry be written in the code, without having to
40. it in the command prompt and if yes where?
41. Why is Socket used ?
220. When MalformedURLException and UnknownHost Exception throws
244. What is meant by RMI ?
245. Explain RMI Architecture ?
246. What is meant by a stub ?
247. What is meant by a skelotn ?
248. What is meant by serialisation and deserialisation ?
249. What is meant by RRL ?
250. What is the use of TL ?
251. What is RMI Registry ?
252. What is rmic ?
253. How will you pass parameter in RMI ?
254. What exceptions are thrown by RMI ?
255. What are the steps involved in RMI ?
256. What is meant by bind(), rebind(), unbind() and lookup()
257. What are the advanatages of RMI ?
258. What is JNI ?
259. What is Remote Interface ?
260. What class is used to create Server side object ?
261. What class is used to bind the server object with RMI
262. What is the use of getWriter method ?
277. Explain RMI Architecture?
284. What is the difference between RMI & Corba ?
285. What are the services in RMI ?
311. In RMI, server object first loaded into the memory and then
312. Reference is sent to the client ? or whether a stub reference
is directly sent to the client ?
313. Suppose server object is not loaded into the memory, and
314. Client request for it , what will happen?
315. What is serialization ?
316. Can you load the server object dynamically? If so, what are
317. Major 3 steps involved in it ?
318. What is difference RMI registry and OSAgent ?
319. To a server method, the client wants to send a value 20, with
320. exceeds to 20,. a message should be sent to the client ?
321. will you do for achieving for this ?
329. Can you run the product development on all operating systems
334. Can we send object using Sockets ?
335. What is the RMI and Socket ?
338. What is the protocol used by server and client ?
339. Can I modify an object in CORBA ?
340. What is the functionality stubs and skeletons ?
366. What is an RMI?
367. How will you pass parameters in RMI ? Why u serialize?
370. What is the main functionality of the Remote Reference Layer
371. How do you download stubs from a Remote place ?
374. I want to store more than 10 objects in a remote server ?
375. Methodology will follow ?
389. Write a program on RMI and JDBC using StoredProcedure ?
400. What is meant by distributed Application ? Why we are using
that in our applications ?
401. What is the functionality of the stub ?
453. How to generate skeleton & Stub classes
454. Explain lazy activation
455. Firewalls in RMI
337. What are the files generated after using IDL to Java Compilet
8.Few shell script commands in linux.
9.What are all the code optimization techniques?
10.About heap memory.
11.How performance of a code can be improved?
1. What are the steps to be considered in code review.
13. Explanation about managing the connections in the application.
17. How to change the ownership of a file(Linux).
18. How to change the password of the root(Linux).
363. What is the middleware ? What is the functionality of
402. Have you used any version control ?
405. Explain 2 tier and 3 -tier Architecture ?
407. How have you done validation of the fileds in your project
408. What is the main difficulties that you are faced in your
1. what are the types of test plans? unit test plan,integration test plan,system test plan....
2. how will u analyze the problem .. ithukku ellam chumma kathai viten....
3. how will you do designing? ithukku ellam chumma kathai viten....
4. Questions in UML...they gave an example(requirement) and asked me to design for it.they asked me to do DB design too.
5. relationships b/w objects..in UML. can be depicted in Collaboration and sequence diagrams..gave an example
6. Diff types of diagram and the purpose of it. usecase,class,object,collabration,sequence,implementation(since u dont have this in ur resume..sont worry abt it)
7. when any problem given to you..how will you approach? -Kathai
8. If you join in the middle of the project and a module has been allocated to you (which is already in coding phase).what will u do initially? -u shud not say -that u i'll start coding....u shud say---"first,i'll try to understand the req,purpose of my module ..its relation with other modules etc.,then designing,with the chklist of conventions and std i'll start coding..."
9. then ques in XML,XSL. -explained its usgae with intranet.
10. its better u search for answers for the following ques..my answers may misguide you
11. difference b/w entity beans and session beans in EJB.
12. advantage of EJB.
13. adv of application servers -weblogic,websphere.
14. some views on web architecture.
15. something abt ATL COM.
16. about Processing of JSP pages.