Interview Based Questions
1. What are the types of ServletEngines?
Standalone ServletEngine:A standalone engine is a server that includes built-in support for servlets.
Add-on ServletEngine:Its a plug-in to an existing server.It adds servlet support to a server that was not originally designed with servlets in mind.
2.What is the difference between a Generic Servlet and Http Servlet?
Generic Servlet Http Servlet
Class which internally implements An abstract class which acts as a child class both for Servlet and ServletConfig GenericServlet and in addition provides interfaces. some additional methods
like doGet(),doPost(),doDelete() &
3.What is a Session Id?
It is a unique id assigned by the server to the user when a user first accesses a site or an application ie. when a request is made.
4. List out Differences between CGI Perl and Servlet?
Platform independent Platform dependent.
Language dependent Language independent.
5. What is Bootstrapping in RMI?
Dynamic loading of stubs and skeletons is known as Boot Strapping.
6. What are different types of Exceptions?.
Runtime exceptions, Errors, Program Exceptions
7. What are types of applets?.
Trusted Applets: Applets with predefined security
Untrusted Applets: Applets without any security
8. When does an Exception occur?.
Whenever an error occurs in an Application,(either at compile time)or runtime,it raises an Exception.
9. What is servlet tunnelling?.
Used in applet to servlet communications, a layer over http is built so as to enable object serialization.
10. What is a cookie?.
Cookies are a way for a server to send some information to a client to store and for the server to later retrieve its data from that client.Web browser supports 20 cookies/host of 4kb each.
11.What is the frontend in Java?.Also what is Backend?.
Backend : Oracle, Ms-Access(Using JDBC).
12. Define a JSP?.
Java Server Pages includes scripplets of Servletcode in an Html page.This creates dynamism in the other-wise static HTML.A JSP is a document that describes how to process a request to creeate response.
13. The length of an identifier is
14. Stored procedures can be called by Callable Statement.
15. Stack class implements LIFO(Last In First Out).
16. Servlet Class defines init.
17. Reference of any instance variable inside a static method is legal if declared static.
18. What will a read() function do?.
A method in Input Stream.It reads a single byte or an array of bytes.Returns no of bytes read or -1 if EOF(End of file)is reached.
19.To implement a Throwable array,which class is used.
ArrayList - Answer(To be Confirmed)
20. The method for precompiled SQL Statement in JDBC is prepareStatement().
21. Static binding occurs at
Both at compile and runtime.
22. Virtual Methods are default in
C++ - Answer
23. Storage space in java is of the form
24. What is java code embedded in a web page known as
25. Which of the following attributes are compulsory with an